Sabah Skills & Technology Centre and Institute of Materials, Malaysia has been in training collaboration since 2012. This collaboration marked a new beginning for SSTC to embark on oil & gas related training programs.
Institute of Materials, Malaysia (IMM) is a non-profit professional society that promotes honourable practice, professional ethics and encourages education in materials science, technology and engineering. Over the years, IMM have conducted courses on coatings, coatings fingerprinting, corrosion, welding, vibration etc. in support of the oil and gas industry in Malaysia.
The IMM programs mainly consist of both theoretical and practical classes, and SSTC have invested in setting up practical training facilities to further enhance this need from the oil & gas industry players.
Currently SSTC has two main IMM training facilities which consist of the Blasting & Painting Facility and the Mechanical Joint Integrity Facility for Flange Bolted Connections and Small Bore Piping, Tubing & Valves.
With the IMM’s newly updated programs in line, SSTC hopes to train and produce more professional and certified skilled workers in the Oil & Gas Industry in the state.
As of August 2019, SSTC is the only Accredited Training Body for IMM Certification & Competency Development Programs in Sabah.
The following programs are currently available in Kota Kinabalu:
- Certified B1B2 Assistant Blaster & Painter
- Abrasive Blasting Certification (C7)
- Spray Application Certification (C12)
- Certified Coating Inspector (Level 1)
- Certified Coating Inspector (Level 2)
- Certified Technician in Mechanical Joint Integrity (MJI) for Flange Bolted Connections
- Certified Technician in Mechanical Joint Integrity (MJI) for Small Bore Piping, Tubing & Valves
For more information or registration for the IMM programs, please call us at 088-496613/4 ext. 105 (Devyne) or 116 (Sharlene); you may also email us at