On 28 February 2002, SSTC was appointed by SME Corp Malaysia as an Approved Skills Provider under their Skills Upgrading Program. As of 1st January 2014, this program is administered by Pembangunan Sumber Manusia Berhad. You can now train your Malaysian workers at 70% discount of the course fees for both public and in-house programs. You can select programs from our 121 approved programs under the SME Training Grant.
Skills upgrading and retraining is vital to enhance the quality of the workforce in order to increase the effiency of SMEs and adopt to the dynamic business environment.
The objectives of the grant are:
- To enhance the knowledge of the owner the SMEs in managing business.
- To enhance the skills & capabilities of SMEs employees.
Why training with SSTC?
By registering with us, you’ll be able to provide the best in skills training to your employees. Our aim is to equip your employees with excellent work practices thus enhancing them in their work performance, especially in critical areas such as the management, manufacturing, electrical and electronics, information technology and safety & health.
SECTOR THAT ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE GRANT
All companies that are involved in:
A. MANUFACTURING, MANUFACTURING-RELATED SERVICES AND AGRO BASED INDUSTRIES
“Small and medium enterprises in the manufacturing, manufacturing related services and agro-based industries are enterprises with full-time employees not exceeding 200 OR with annual sales turnover not exceeding RM50 million”
List of manufacturing related services include:
- Research and Development (R&D) – Product & Process Development, Software Development, Software Integration, Automation of Production Line, Design Houses, Packaging Services.
- Product & Process Design – Design & Prototyping.
- Distribution & Logistics – Logistics services including warehousing, transportation, freight forwarding, supply chain management & distribution. Cold chain facilities and services for food products.
- Marketing – Branding, Packaging, Market Research.
- Environmental Management – Energy conservation/efficiency services, Storage, Energy generation activities, using renewable energy sources (biomass hydro power and solar power, Storage, treatment and disposal of toxic and hazardous wastes, Waste recycling activities – agricultural wastes or agricultural by products, recycling of chemicals and petroleum wastes, Specialized services centres, Engineering consultancy services in environmental such as EIA consultancy and environmental pollution.
List of Other Related Service include:
- Engineering Support Services – Metal Forgings, Metal Castings, Metal Surface Treatment/Finishing, Machining, Moulds, Tools & Dies, Powder Metallurgical Parts, Heat Treatment, Mould Texturing, Metal Stamping, Galvanishing, Shearing or slitting of metal sheets or other related engineering services, Overhaul, Repair, Reconditioning, Modification or servicing and testing of turbine engines, components or sub-assemblies, Upgrading of machinery and equipment, Integrated Central Utility Facilities, Irradiation Services, Gas Sterilization Services, Total Chemical Management System, Calibration and Testing.
B. SERVICES, PRIMARY AGRICULTURE AND INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT)
“Small and medium enterprises in the services, primary agriculture and Information & Communication Technology (ICT) sectors are enterprises with full-time employees not exceeding 75 OR with annual sales turnover not exceeding RM20 million”
List of manufacturing related services include:
- Distributive Trade – Wholesale and Retail.
- IT and IT related Services – Data Processing Business, Cyber Cafes/Internet Cafes, Consultancy Services related to IT, Maintenance and repair of computer equipment.
- Education Services – IT Tuition Centres, IT Schools.
- Software Development – Software Development & Production, Software Implementation Services.
- Designing & Packaging – Designing of Product Package, Packaging Services.
- Research & Development – R&D Services on Natural Science, R&D Services on Social Science & Humanities, Interdisciplinary R&D Services, related Scientific and Technical Consulting Services.
- Tourism – Establishment of medium & low-cost hotels (up to three star hotels), Expansion/modernization of existing hotels, Establishment of tourism project, Expansion/modernization of tourist project, establishment of convention centres, Restaurant including catering services, Travel agencies & tour operator services.
- Other – Professional Services (legal, accounting, auditing and book-keeping services and taxation, architectural, engineering, urban planning and landscape services, medical and dental services, secretarial, etc.), Management Consultancy, Building Cleaning Services, Printing & Publishing.
HOW TO APPLY?
By following below three steps, you will be able to find out if your company is eligible for the SME Training Grant.
Download the PERAKUAN STATUS SYARIKAT PKS letter/form and photocopy the first page in your company letterhead.
Fill Out Form and Attach with Required Documents
Attach with the letter/form with the following documents:
- Company Trading License OR Local Government OR Registration Document with Professional Bodies.
- Latest 3 Months Bank Account Statement.
- Latest 3 Months EPF Statement.
FOR SDN BHD
- Company Trading License OR Registration Document with Professional Bodies License
- Form 9
- Form 24 & 49
- Latest Financial Statement of Accounts (Audited Accounts)
- Latest Monthly EPF Statement
Important Note: **All documents must be certified true copy by the company’s Human Resource Manager, Director of Managing Director.
Submit the following documents (duly signed and certified) to us via snail mail to
SABAH SKILLS & TECHNOLOGY CENTRE
No. 8 Jalan 1C, KKIP Selatan, Industrial Zone 1 (IZ1)
Kota Kinabalu Industrial Park, 88460, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.
Attention: Ms. Jennifer Michael / Ms. Shariffah Haszeqah
CALL US @ Tel: 1800-22-7782 and we will personally collect it from you.
(Collection available within Kota Kinabalu area only)
It will only take 48 hours to approve your application (provided documentations are complete). Once approved all you have to do is register your employees with our training programs and enjoy the 70% discount.
Other mode of assistance
SMEs who send their employees for our courses will be eligible for 70% training grant from SME Corp. The remaining cost can be claimed through the Human Resource Development Fund (HRDF).